Daisypath Vacation tickers

Heidi's Playlist


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones

Friday, July 1, 2011

Monthly Milestones - June

Photobucket

I would like to start out by saying that I did not tear my ACL. Woo Hoo! June 1st I finally got to see the orthopedic surgeon and all I did was dislocate my kneecap, ha ha , yeah, "that's it". I am now in physical therapy and it has been a difficult process but I am getting my strength back. I have bad days where even my good knee hurts, but my Dr. says that it's normal. On those days I take it easy and use ice. My back is better and I don't need a babysitter anymore. I can do the shopping as long as I am not on my feet for too long and I don't have a lot to carry in. I hope to be back to normal by the end of August as I have a very important trip to make.

I'm still up that 10 pounds, but I've managed not to gain any more than that until recently.

Heidi is off visiting her dad. I hate it when she is gone. She came down with a cold. She called me early in the morning last week and sounded terrible. My poor baby, so I sent her a care package of Ricolas, vaporizing shower tablets, Nyquil and Dayquil, popcorn, soup, fruit pops you freeze and eat, gum, her Netflix dvd's, a card with stickers and a candy filled car for her little brother.

My goals for July are to continue to progress with my physical therapy and get those stairs down. I'm supposed to be doing them already but I can't. My Dr. has been very understanding but forcing me to keep trying.

I'm also going to start logging my food again tomorrow. I want to get back on my weight loss plan. I was doing really well before I got hurt, there is no reason why I can't continue to do so. Especially now that I can mostly walk and I'm working out at physical therapy twice a week.

Heidi will be home next weekend and we can get back to hanging out and having fun. I miss her.
Big Brother 13 starts next week, and America's Got Talent is on. We watch those shows together and I enjoy them more with her.

2 comments:

  1. I'm sure Heidi misses you too.

    Were you on a specific program for the weightloss. I just started weightwatchers a few weeks ago, and I love it! So much flexibility! I wish I would have done it so long ago.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I use Sparkpeople.com. I looked at weight watchers but I didn't want to spend any money. Just can't afford anything. So I simply Googled "weight loss website" and Sparkpeople was at the top. I did some research and it has been featured on shows like Oprah and Ellen and millions use it. I LOVE IT! I could be a walking ad for it... consistently lost weight by eating 3 meals a day, 2 snacks, and exercising. I log my food, log my fitness, keep track of my fat/calories/sodium and make sure I'm within my ranges. There are so many features in there I wont even begin to tell you what they have but the resources and the community groups are amazing. I can't say enough good things about it.

    ReplyDelete