Daisypath Vacation tickers

Heidi's Playlist


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones

Thursday, July 14, 2011

She's Off To See the Wizard!

Tonight is the big night. It is the night we have all been waiting for... well, not me, but the rest of America has. I say America because it has already happened in the UK. I am talking about the final Harry Potter movie. I have to admit, I have mixed feelings about it. I got so so SO sick of Harry Potter.... and then Edward came along... then I had to apologize to Harry Potter because I enjoy his company so much more; although Jacob is quite the hottie... WHEW! TEAM JACOB!!!!! YEAHHHHHHHH.... ahem... sorry... where was I?


 Oh yes... Harry Potter.  For years Heidi has been a big fan. She's been a fan of the books and the movies. She has drug me to all of the Harry Potter movies and I admit I have enjoyed them. She's also got all the dvd's and most of the soundtracks. I have lost track of the number of times I have seen each movie.. oh, and don't get me started on the Scene it? dvd game. UGH! I totally suck at it! I can't remember the names of most of the characters so I get special rules... I'll say, "The guy who wrote a book and is totally full of himself" instead of... brb... Googling the name.... Professor Lockhart... I could not have gotten that if my life depended on it, let alone a dvd game. I have fun though, playing these games with Heidi, and watching the movies is something we always do together. As I watched part 1 of the Deathly Hallows with Heidi and her roommate, the roommate was quite impressed that I knew what was going on and that I understood the history. The reason for this is that I have a constant narrator when I watch a Harry Potter movie. Heidi will make sure I know what is going on, why, and fill in the spaces left out from the book. I get after her for talking during the movie but I like how excited she gets. Heidi will probably take me to see part 2 next weekend. It should be fun. I know I'll hear all about it either super late when she gets home at 3am or tomorrow when I get home from work. My baby is 19 1/2, which mean's she's almost a 20yr old woman. It's like the end of Harry Potter and the end of her childhood... shit, now I feel like crying. I guess I never thought about it until now.  Well, she's been standing in line for the last 1 1/2 hours and is having fun with her 2 Harry Potter friends J and S. In the past they have made t-shirts and have gone to the last few movies together.  I'm glad all three of them are together tonight, in addition to meeting a few other friends there.  I was given strict instructions to fix her dinner so she can reheat it when she gets home, and that is already done. I can't wait to hear about how much fun she had, the people she saw, and if she approved of the ending. She's very concerned about how they will end it. I hope she's not disappointed, she's been waiting for this for a very long time. The best part is that I am really happy about not being SHUSHHHHED every time the trailer comes on the TV.

4 comments:

  1. One of my Facebook friends (who is also nearly 20) has been wailing all week long about how this is the end of her childhood. So, you're not alone... her mum probs feels the same way!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It really does seem like the end of an era, doesn't it? I hope she enjoyed it.

    Ellie Garratt

    ReplyDelete
  3. Heidi loved the movie. Wants to take me this weekend... I'd much rather see Captain America.... drool.... but I wouldn't pass up an opportunity to enjoy a Harry Potter movie with my girl. I have to watch the last two again before I go because I don't remember what happened... they all run together in my head.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looking at your above comment, did you go and enjoy it? I read all the books, but not seen many of the films

    ReplyDelete